As far as I know, many people lost iOS device (iPhone 5/5s iPad) data after updating to iOS 8 such as contacts, SMS, photos, calling history, apps data. Everyone should know how important the data is for us. Many people becomes worried after losing data. Now you can Stop worrying and follow the 3 ways below to recover iPhone data after iOS 8 update. I will take recovering iPhone 5/5s data for example.
Way 1. Recover iPhone 5/5s data directly from iPhone
Most people may not make an iTunes backup or iCloud backup when they are using iPhone 5/5s. In this solution, I use a third-party program-Tenorshare Data Recovery for iPhone 5. Why choose this program? It can deeply scans your iPhone lost data like photos, contacts, SMS. You can preview them in this program and decide which to recover.
Note: This program has both Win and Mac versions. choose the right version.
- Install this program and open it. Then connect your iPhone to PC, please make sure your iPhone 5/5s is switched on.
- The program can recognize your iPhone. You’ll get a pop-up window asking you to tap “Trust” on your iOS device to trust this computer. Then Click the “Start Scan” button to begin
- After scaning your iPhone 5/5s, all lost data will be in the list. You can choose what you want to recover.
- Click “Recover” and specify the output folder to save the recovered data on your computer. It just takes a while to recover the lost iPhone 5/5s data
In fact, Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery supports three recovery mode including way 2(recovering from iCloud) and way 3(recovering from iTunes backup). All can be finished with one click. After you recover all lost data with these three ways, it is better to backup your iPhone data. Additional, it won’t replace current data in your iPhone when using Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery.
Way 2. Retrieve iPhone 5/5s data from iCloud
iCloud is a convenient tool for iPhone users. But the safety is a major issue using iCloud. Your data in iCloud may be leaked. Some users make an iCloud backup before they update to iOS 8. If you are one, you can recover lost data from iCloud.
- Choose Restore From iCloud Backup, log in iCloud with your account and password
- Choose one backup that you want to restore for your iPhone
- Start to recover from iCloud. It won’t take too long to recover data. When the progress bar is complete, it means that the recovery is finished
Way 3. Restore iPhone 5/5s data from iTunes backup file
It is lucky if you have made an iTunes backup before losing data. This way is easy to conduct.
Follow these steps:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and launch iTunes.
- After iTunes recognizes your iPhone, it means connecting successfully. Choose the backup you want to restore
- Click “Restore” button to start. After several seconds, iTunes will alert you restoring successfully.
Besides, here are several tips for iOS 8 update, maybe it can help you:
- How to Fix iOS 8 Update Freezing Issue on iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S
- How to Sync iPhone Contacts, Photos, Music to/from Computer after iOS 8 update